Manage your CheckCard with the MobiMoney App. Mobi Money is now available to all HiTel FCU members! The MobiMoney app brings you assurance and peace of mind with the ability to monitor, maintain, and manage your HiTel FCU CheckCard any time, day or night, directly from your mobile phone.
How MobiMoney Works
Once you register your card, you can use MobiMoney to:
- Receive alerts of fraudulent transactions
- Restrict usage according to merchants (or types of merchants) and/or location
- Limit card users and set maximum spending amounts per person
- "Freeze" your card, so no one can use it in the event your card is lost or stolen
How to Get MobiMoney
- Search for MobiMoney on the App Store or GooglePlay
- Look for this icon:
- First time users need to create a Username and Password
- Enter your card numbers, address, card security code (3 digit number on the back of the card), and other information as prompted
- After that, whenever you click on the MobiMoney icon, it will take you directly to the MobiMoney login
Protecting your HiTel FCU debit or ATM card from fraud requires 24/7/365 days a year monitoring. Our fraud detection programs monitor your card transactions for any suspicious activity. If potentially fraudulent transactions are taking place, we'll contact you immediately so that future fraudulent transactions can be avoided.
What we monitor
Your card transactions are monitored for purchases outside your normal purchasing patterns, unusual timeframes and geographical locations, or purchase patterns that are consistent with previously identified fraud trends.
How we contact you
Getting in touch with you quickly is critical to stopping any potential card fraud. 86% of Americans have a mobile device and this offers a convenient and free* method to contact you fast. With our Card Alert Notification service, you will receive a text message asking you to confirm if a suspicious transaction was authorized by you.
Receiving a text message
- The text message will arrive with a 5 digit code (33748) and contain our financial institution name, dollar amount of the transaction and merchant name.
- You will be asked to reply with "Yes" if you authorized the transaction. You will receive a confirming text message and can continue to use your card with confidence.
- A "No" reply means you have not authorized the transaction. You will receive a confirming text message and you will be contacted immediately by a fraud specialist to protect your account. Please answer this important call.
- Do not reply to the text message with any personal or confidential card information.
- If you would like to opt out of receiving these important messages by text, you may reply with STOP to indicate this preference.
Help us protect you
Keep us up to date with your current mobile and home phone numbers and contact information. Traveling in the U.S. or to a foreign country for an extended period of time? Contact us prior to your departure and we'll make our monitoring more flexible during your travel or vacation time.
* Text messages to your mobile device are free, but all other fees on calls and texts are subject to the terms of your voice/data plan with your mobile carrier.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will I automatically be turned on for the fraud alert service?
A: Yes, the new fraud alerting service will be provided automatically.
Q: Can I get an email instead of a text?
A: Email alerts are not available at this time.
Q: Will the name Hawaiian Tel FCU always appear in the text message?
A: Yes, your Hawaiian Tel FCU's name will appear in all text messages.
Q: When I receive a text message, what number is displayed?
A: The number displayed will be 33748
Q: What if I don't reply to the first message?
A: The first contact is through a text message. If there is no response within a certain period of time (usually 15 minutes), then a call is initiated. If there is no response to the call, then we will wait approximately one hour and then repeat the sequence above. If there is no response after multiple attempts, a letter will be sent via U.S. mail.
Q: Are there costs to me for receiving text alerts?
A: For cardholders that have their mobile service through Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or Sprint, there are no costs to the cardholder to receive text messages from these carriers. Devices on all other mobile carriers will be sent Interactive Voice Response (IVR) messages.
Q: Are there costs to the cardholder for receiving IVR alerts?
A: In most cases, an IVR message to a landline should be free to the cardholder. If the IVR alert is sent to a mobile device (for example, the cardholder does not have a landline), the IVR call to the cardholder would count against the cardholder's mobile plan voice call rates.
Q: Are there costs to responding to an alert?
A: Calls from a landline should be free to the cardholder. Calls from the cardholder's mobile device would count against his or her mobile plan for voice call minutes. Similarly text messages from the cardholder's mobile device would count against the cardholder's mobile plan text message rates.
Q: Can I opt out of receiving text fraud alerts?
A: Yes, you can opt out of receiving text alerts. Instructions are provided in all messages sent to the cardholder.
Q: What does the outgoing text alert contain?
A: Here is a sample of the text alert messaging that will be used:
Outbound Text: "FreeMsg:
Actions based on response:
If YES reply received, send subsequent SMS:
FreeMsg: < YOUR FI NAME > Fraud Dept: You have confirmed a purchase of < TRANSACTION_AMOUNT > at < MERCHANT_NAME >. We apologize for any inconvenience. Your acct can now be used without concern.
If NO reply received, send subsequent SMS:
FreeMsg: < YOUR FI NAME > Fraud Dept: Thank you for your reply. A fraud specialist will call you immediately to protect your account. Please answer this important call.
Q: What message is left when the IVR places a call to me?
A: Below is a sample of the IVR message that will be left for you (Text in red varies): This is the fraud prevention department at < HITELFCU > calling for < CUSTOMER_1 > or < CUSTOMER_2 > We need to verify some recent activity on your < PRODUCT > ending in < CARD_LAST4 > In order to prevent possible difficulties using your card, it is important that you call us back at your earliest convenience, toll free at < INBOUND PHONE NUMBER > to verify this activity. You may call us back 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The number again is < INBOUND PHONE NUMBER > . Thank you.